Thursday, July 2, 2009

Community.
What can I say about community? If you go to any dictionary and look up community, it will tell you that a community is "a group of interacting organisms sharing an environment" Well first off, those organisms may share the environment, but they may not always get along. There are communities of people and communities of animals. One advantage to having a community is that help will always be around. Dolphins, who swim together in pods, work together to catch fish. If one dolphin is hurt, the others help to bring it to the surface for air. I recently helped out at my local town's playhouse with a few others and did things such as paint, and organize. Towards the end of the second day I was there, I heard the person in charge of the playhouse say "it's amazing what twenty people can do in a day!" With help from others in a community, things can get done much faster than if it was just by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment